The Gifted Student Program includes the following goals:
- To ensure compliance with the district and state requirements for servicing gifted students.
- To ensure compliance with the district and state requirements for curriculum and instruction for students who have been identified as gifted.
- Provide an educational program with a wide variety of educational opportunities that will enable each gifted student to develop his/her own unique potential
- Provide gifted students with opportunities to interact with intellectual peers and experience advanced learning situations
- Develop and extend the thinking abilities of each gifted child « Develop and nurture creativity and productive divergent thinking
- Help each gifted child become a self-directed learner
- To ensure that all students participate in quality learning experiences necessary to grow, adapt, and meet the challenges of a changing world.
* Information adapted from: Brevard Public Schools