Robert Morgan Educational Center wishes you and your loved one’s good health, safety and peace during these difficult times. The following information is provided directly from Miami Dade County Public Schools (MDCPS) and can be found on the website yourchoicemiami.org.
What you need to know:
- We are working within unusual circumstances and information may be subject to change.
- Notifications are sent as follows:
- If you applied online – you will receive an e-mail notification.
- If you applied with a paper application and provided a valid e-mail address – you will receive an e-mail notification.
- If you applied with a paper application and did not provide a valid e-mail address – you will receive the notification via US mail.
- If the student is currently enrolled in M-DCPS, it will be sent to the address of record.
- If the student is new to M-DCPS, it will be sent to the address provided on the application.
- E-mail notifications are automated, this means that they are sent in random batches and not everyone will be notified at the same time. We suggest that you check your e-mail periodically throughout the day.
- Notifications being sent by US mail may take a day or two to arrive, they are being sent out on March 30th.
- The deadline to accept an invitation of acceptance is April 15, 2020 (see instructions below). Please note that the lists move automatically and failure to respond by the deadline date will forfeit the seat. Once a seat is forfeited, it is offered to the next student on the waiting list, and it is not revocable.
- Given that schools are currently closed, the registration process will be postponed. Updates regarding the registration process will be sent directly by the schools and/or be posted on this site. We suggest that you visit this website and check your e-mail periodically.
- The waiting lists move frequently as seats are declined or if the seat is not accepted by the deadline. It is very common for students who are on a waiting list to receive an acceptance as seats become available.
- We understand that not every student will be accepted at their preferred school, especially if it is one of high demand. We ask that parents/guardians are patient during this process.
- If you have any additional inquiries regarding the Magnet acceptance process, please call the M-DCPS hotline at 305-995-HELP. Please note that this is a general help line and not designated solely for Magnet inquiries, waiting times may vary depending on the volume of calls being received.
- There will be an Off-Cycle Magnet Application sometime this summer (date currently TBD), which will include schools that have space availability.
Log back into the Magnet application system to accept ROBERT MORGAN. (Login at: miamimagnetapplication.com)
- IF you do not have an online account, contact the M-DCPS hotline at 305-995-HELP to declare or decline your seat over the phone. Be prepared to identify yourself and verify student information.
- After accepting the seat on-line, parents must contact the accepted school directly ONCE SCHOOLS HAVE REOPENED.
- Parents must accept by the deadline date of April 15th, 2020 or the seat will be forfeited and go to the next student on the waiting list.
- Accepted students must be enrolled as full-time students in the accepted Magnet school/program.
- Once schools reopen parents/legal guardians must comply with school/program requirements in a timely manner to ensure program placement.
Students will be selected from the random selection wait-list as seats become available, and will be notified electronically. Placement status is also available by checking your account in the Magnet Application System. You may change acceptance to a preferred program only if your child’s status changes from Wait-Listed to Accepted. The wait-lists for schools may change daily from now until December 31, 2020.
If Not Accepted:
The student did not meet entrance requirements. Not Accepted result(s) may include Visual & Performing Arts students who were not selected or did not schedule or attend an audition. Parents were responsible to contact school(s) for auditions.
If you would like to inquire about your application status, please email the magnet lead teacher. If you did not apply to Robert Morgan “off cycle” applications are available through our lead teacher.
QUESTIONS ABOUT THE SCHOOL:
Contact the Magnet Lead Teacher, Cristina Scheck-Uribe at email@example.com or temporary GOOGLE VOICE phone number 561.948.4871.