Hospitality and Tourism strand helps students chart career paths in one of the world’s largest industries, from hotel management to sports, entertainment, and event management, and includes the study of geography, economics, and world cultures. Hospitality and Tourism curriculum has received industry validation from the Global Travel and Tourism Partnership (GTTP) and the Institute of Travel and Tourism (ITT).
Instructional delivery focuses on the following areas:
- Hospitality and Tourism
- Marketing Management
- Guest Services
- Employ-ability skills
- Human Relation skills
- Technology and software applications
- Destination Geography
- Economic principles related to the hospitality and tourism industry
- Etiquette and career exploration are important components of the program.
The AOHT program is affiliated with the National Academy Foundation (NAF).
Prepare students for entry-level management hospitality positions and preparation for continued study at the post-secondary collegiate level.
- Co-curricular Marketing Club – Link
- National Academy Foundation – Link
- Florida Department of Education Curriculum Frameworks – Link