Mrs. Yonettsy Blanco was born and raised in Miami, Florida. She is a product of the Miami Dade County Public School System part of the drama magnet since adolescents being taught and mentored by Tim McNamara, Madelin Marchant, Ana Montoya then at Coral Reef Senior high with Mrs. Ana Mederos-Blanco and James Puig. She is part of the International Thespians Honor Society. She has competed in events such as One Acts, Individual Events, and for the Miami Dade County Youth Fair for Theatre. She holds a bachelor’s degree in Theatre with a minor in Education from Florida International University. She was lucky enough to have studied with some incredible professors at FIU. She also participated in a study abroad program in Stratford-upon-Avon, England where she studied a deep analysis of Shakespeare with guidance from Mr. Phillip Church. Mrs. Blanco has taught Drama for MDCPS at Sunset Elementary, West Miami Middle, and Robert Russa Moton Elementary. During her time at these schools she put on numerous shows including You’re a good man, Charlie Brown, High school musical, Alice in wonderland, and Happily ever after. She has also directed Death of a Salesman written by Arthur Miller in the black box theatre at Florida International University and has participated as a guest choreographer for Bridge Prep Academy’s Musical of Oliver. Mrs. Blanco has also worked professionally with the GableStage front of house theatre and as Education Coordinator for Actor’s Playhouse at the Miracle Theatre. One of her fondest experiences was working with the Box office and Arts administrative team from the Texas Shakespeare Festival in Kilgore, Texas. She has also acted in numerous musicals and plays. Some of her most memorable performances were Prudence from Beyond Therapy, Mama Rose from Gypsy, and Amneris from Aida, for which she received an award for “Best Actress”. Mrs. Blanco also won first place for her special effects makeup at the 24 Hour Film Festival.
Experience Drama/Theatre Arts…
- Acting 1- REQUIRED, Theatre, Cinema, Film (Acting for the camera)- Suggested (Spanish & PE should be completed this year and or in summer to have enough spaces to complete theatre curriculum.)
- Technical Theatre Design & Production 1- REQUIRED Acting 2- REQUIRED , Theatre, Cinema, Film (Acting for the camera)- Suggested
- Musical Theatre 1-REQUIRED Acting 3-REQUIRED Theatre, Cinema, Film (Acting for the camera)- Suggested Leadership- Highly Suggested especially if student is an officer of Troupe 6692/ International Thespian Honor Society
- Musical Theatre 2/3-REQUIRED Acting 4 Honors -REQUIRED Theatre, Cinema, Film (Acting for the camera)- Suggested Leadership- Highly Suggested especially if student is an officer of Troupe 6692/International Thespian Honor Society
- International Thespian Honor Society
- Affiliations with Florida Interational University, University of Florida, Actor’s Playhouse, Colony Theater, & Gable Stage
- Nine Superiors w/ numerous perfect scores in District 8 Thespians 2019-2020
- Perfect Score in Technical Theatre Category of Costume Design Calvin Novaton (Sweeny Todd)
- M&M (Mentee Mentoring Program) that pairs students in the academy program with other students to perfect their craft of acting, dancing, and singing.
- Tap classes
Yonettsy Blanco – Theatre Arts Instructor
Troupe Website: https://troupe6692.wixsite.com/troupe6692