The Chorus Magnet at Robert Morgan, under the direction of Mr. Angel Marchese, is one of the most widely recognized and prestigious choral programs in the State of Florida. It performs in multiple events at the local, state and national levels. Most recently, Robert Morgan’s choirs performed at the Superintendent’s Opening of Schools Ceremony as well as the Miami-Dade County Music Educators’ Association Opening of Schools meeting.
Robert Morgan’s choirs have earned a rating of Superior at the State Choral MPA (Music Performance Assessment) every year since 2016. Women’s Choir earned the highly esteemed Choir of Distinction award from the Florida Vocal Association in 2018, and the contemporary a cappella ensemble, Rhapsody, has earned the Superior with Distinction rating at the annual State Solo and Ensemble MPA multiple times. Robert Morgan’s choral ensembles have been featured performers at the Florida State Music Conference, the Magnet Schools of America National Conference and have performed in Carnegie Hall in New York City.
Graduates from the Choral program at Robert Morgan have received music and academic scholarships to multiple colleges and universities, including University of Miami, FIU, FSU, UF, UCF, FGCU, FAMU, FAU, Palm Beach Atlantic University, USF, Valdosta State University, Manhattan School of Music, Full Sail University, MDC, New World College, among others.
Mr. Angel Marchese has lead the choral program at Robert Morgan since 2015. He is a current member of the Festival Singers of Florida and serves as District Chair with Florida Vocal Association. He has conducted several Honor Choirs, presented masterclasses at the Florida State Music Conference, and serves as a Choral Adjudicator throughout the state. Prior to teaching at Robert Morgan, Marchese’s career as a professional singer has allowed him to perform throughout the United States and Europe. He earned an undergraduate degree in Music Education from the University of Miami and a Master’s degree in Choral Conducting from Florida International University.
Classes and Choirs
- 9th grade: Vocal Techniques and Music Theory I
- 10th grade: Vocal Techniques or Varsity Singers and Music Theory 2 or AP Music Theory
- 11th & 12th grade: Vocal Techniques or Varsity Singers
- Men’s Choir
- Women’s Choir
- Rhapsody (Contemporary Pop A Cappella Ensemble)
- Carnegie Hall Performance, NYC
- Florida Choir of Distinction Recipient
- Performances at National Honor Choir, Regional Honor Choir, State Honor Choir & All State Choir for four years in a row
- Preparation for music scholarships for colleges, universities and conservatories of music
- National Association for Music Educators
- Florida Music Educators Association
- Florida Vocal Association
- American Choral Directors Association
- Dade County Music Educators Association