Pre-Requisite: Honors Physical Science minimum C or higher in 8th grade
The Physical Therapy strand offers students the opportunity to earn a certification as a rehabilitation/physical therapy aide at the end of their Junior year in high school. During the Senior year of this strand, students will be given the opportunity to complete course work modeled after Miami Dade College’s Physical Therapy Assistant Program. Students will learn through hands on training in a simulated lab setting and clinical setting. The student will also be offered the opportunity to earn a certification as a Certified Medical Administrative Assistant (CMAA). This course prepares the student for entry into a college Physical Therapy program.
Meet Ms. Diaz…
Tammy Diaz: BS in Physical Therapy, RPT, CMAA– 21 years teaching experience
Experience Physical Therapy…
What we study…
- 9th grade: Health Science Anatomy and Physiology
- 10th grade: Health Science Foundations
- 11th grade: Allied Health Assisting Rehabilitation Aide
- 12th grade: Health Occupations Education Directed Study in PT.
What we do…
- Certification as a rehabilitation/physical therapy aide
- Certified Medical Administrative Assistant (CMAA)
- Hands on training in a simulated lab setting and clinical setting
- Courses prepare for entry into a college Physical Therapy program.
- We offer off site clinical experiences and how we are members of HOSA – Future clinical experiences.
Health Organization Student Association (HOSA)
HOSA is a national organization that operates as an integral component of the Health Science education curriculum. Through its association of state and local chapters, HOSA provides powerful instructional tools, recognition, leadership, networking, scholarships, and connections with the healthcare industry to thousands of members across the United States and abroad. Through the HOSA Competitive Events program, members can showcase their health care and leadership skills in over 55 different events related to all aspects of the health care industry. HOSA integrates into the Health Science Education curriculum seamlessly to develop and recognize smart, dedicated, and passionate future health professionals.