Pre-Requisite: Honors Physical Science minimum C or higher in 8th grade.
The Nursing strand offers students the opportunity to earn a certification as a nursing assistant (CNA) at the end of their Junior year in high school. During the Senior year, there are two courses offered: Orientation to Nursing (LPN) and Electrocardiograph Technician (EKG). The EKG student will be offered the opportunity to earn a certification as a Certified Electrocardiograph Technician (CET). Immediately upon high school graduation, the Orientation to Practical Nursing student will be enrolled in Robert Morgan Technical College’s LPN program to complete their classroom, laboratory, and clinical experience in two trimesters of study.
Health Organization Student Association (HOSA)
HOSA is a national organization that operates as an integral component of the Health Science education curriculum. Through its association of state and local chapters, HOSA provides powerful instructional tools, recognition, leadership, networking, scholarships, and connections with the healthcare industry to thousands of members across the United States and abroad. Through the HOSA Competitive Events program, members can showcase their health care and leadership skills in over 55 different events related to all aspects of the health care industry. HOSA integrates into the Health Science Education curriculum seamlessly to develop and recognize smart, dedicated, and passionate future health professionals.
What we study
- 9th grade: Health Science Anatomy and Physiology
- 10th grade: Health Science Foundations
- 11th grade: Nursing Assisting
- 12th grade two strand options
- Electrocardiograph Technician OR Orientation to Licensed Practical Nursing (LPN).
What we do
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
- Classroom & Laboratory Setting
- Clinicals off campus at medical site
- EKG students Certified
- Electrocardiograph Technician (CET)
- LPN students program to complete their classroom, laboratory, and clinical experience in two trimesters of study at RMECTC.
HOSA Instagram @hosa.rmec