Mrs. Candice Crapp has been a Cosmetology Instructor at Robert Morgan Educational Center since 2006. She began her quest as a meticulous student at Robert Morgan Adult Center, and has been a licensed hairstylist in the State of Florida for the past twenty years. Mrs. Crapp has been featured in several professional publications, most notably, her spread in Black Hair magazine as a featured stylist. She has worked tirelessly to prepare and compete in professional competitions, among them, Hair Wars. In 2003, Mrs. Crapp, along with dedicated partners, opened their first licensed hair salon and spa, titled The Firm. Her entrepreneurial skills contributed to the success of this enterprise, which continues to thrive.
Mrs. Crapp then decided to broadened her talents at Florida International University, and earned her Professional Certificate as an educator. She felt a calling to share her knowledge and experience with a younger generation. Since then, many lucky individuals have received the benefits of her expertise and proceeded to be certified, successful professionals in the field of cosmetology. Mrs. Crapp is a proud instructor at Robert Morgan and loves being able to transfer her knowledge of current styles and techniques to her students. Her zest for the field of cosmetology encourage students to seek amazing opportunities in the field.
The love for beauty is taste, the creation of beauty is art. If you are passionate, creative, and enjoy working with your hands, the Cosmetology Program here at Robert Morgan Educational Center is the best choice for you. Cosmetology has the tools to get you fully equipped for an exciting career as a: hairstylist, makeup artist, nail tech and many more. Every student will be given the opportunity to purchase a kit in the beginning of the year. These kits will provide all the tools needed to advance and develop your skills and techniques. We provide each student with a strong foundation that will carry them into a rewarding field of Cosmetology.
The Cosmetology Program is not just about hair and makeup. We also showcase our talents in Skills USA. This competition empowers students to become world class workers and leaders. Robert Morgan is privileged to have many state and local winners in this competition and each year Cosmetology has been one of them.
- Obtain knowledge, understanding and skill of the theory and practice of hair design.
- Develop a habit of performing work properly, displaying professional ethical standards.
- Develop good, professional work relationships with hair salon coworkers and employers.
- Obtain knowledge of products in order to wisely select and utilize them in all phases of hair salon use.
- Acquire motivation that will encourage growth and the desire to keep abreast of new hairdressing ideas and trends by attending workshops and seminars for continuing education.
- Develop confidence and expertise that will reflect itself in the passage of the State Board Exam and the acquiring of a state cosmetology license.